THE BIG PICTURE: The Everyday Experience Of Braving Your Own Creative Business
This is for you if:
You are an artist doing it your way. You make products by hand and sell them through various channels. You aren’t there yet and you’re ramping up for the big launch. You visualize the concept, produce it, and sell it. You’ve started operating your one-woman show, and what you could use now is a little business guidance and support.
In this workshop we will discuss and breakdown the key elements of a creative business model through interactive activity, writing exercises and group discussion. How does your current operation fit into a successful business model? In short, we thoroughly cover the basics of running a business so you can get your bearings and start off on your journey with more focus, intention, and confidence to build a successful business.
We will cover:
- All the elements and factors that make up the daily tasks of running a creative business.
- Real scenarios that you will deal with in your business.
- Vision + values to help you craft a solid Value Proposition (What value your product or service has in the marketplace).
- Revenue Streams AKA managing the money side of things.
- You will connect with others and gain support from shared experiences.
- Take home additional creative business management resources.
Be ready to laugh, learn, connect and feel more empowered and knowledgeable
Your presenters are artists and makers who have had over a decade of experience running their own creative businesses. They’ve made mistakes and learned from them, received instruction from mentors to increase their knowledge and skill level, and experienced success and joy through their efforts. Ellie and Heather are excited to share with you what they’ve learned and facilitate helpful exercises in a humorous + informative way.
Saturday, March 25, 2017, 1:00 pm – 4:30pm
Inside the Hub Building: Klum House Workshop, 3808 N. Williams Ave., #132, Portland, OR 97227
*Refunds will only be given if notified at least 72 hours in advance of workshop start*